Megan has been in love with The Little Mermaid for as long as we can remember so it was only fitting that she REALLY wanted an Ariel party. We came up with a tiered cake for it including all the movie characters "except no Ursula, because she's evil."
We made "crab" sandwiches. I was trying to come up with something cute that was still kinda under the sea themed.
We cut seahorses, starfish, and clamshells out of watermelon. Perfectly-sized portions, I am so doing this again in the future!
All our little mermaids having lunch together.
Taylor and Gracie
Megan and Mikayla
Mikayla and Kendra
Qelsi and Meredith
Then, each girl got a bucket and we went outside to search for "gadgets and gizmos aplenty" and "whoozits and whatzits galore."
When trying to come up with party ideas the treasure hunt was Mikayla's idea--smart girl!
All our little mermaids posing in their mermaid skirts!
I had leftover scraps from their skirt and some easter basket grass lying around so after painting some big styrofoam bowls, I hot glued the scraps inside the bowls and we had beautiful jellyfish.
We hung them all around the house and they were by far my favorite decoration.
Then we had mermaid dance party time.
We turned on the music videos for "Under the Sea" and "Kiss the Girl" and the girls danced their little booties all over the place. Even Trent got in on the fun and joined in the conga line.
Megan loved her princess musical instrument set.
She got many Ariel dolls and toys.
Megan wants to be a photographer when she grows up, so this digital camera with carrying case from Grandma and Grandpa D was just perfect.
We got Megan a power wheels car and though she was an awful driver her first day, we've taken it out once or twice a day for a week now and she's really getting quite good and quite fast! It is so much fun!
As soon as we finished the song, Kendra blew out all the candles, so we had to relight them and try again.
Make a wish!
Megan and Magaw
Some Merm-Ade punch, I'm so punny, I know, I know... :)
Some of the 7 mermaid skirts I sewed! It was a long week of shopping for material, cutting it, sewing skirts, attaching tulle around the waist to tie them closed. Whew-glad that's over! Happy birthday sweet Megan. It's hard to believe you already 5 years old! I can't believe how quickly my baby Megan is turning into a big girl getting ready for Kindergarten and learning to ride a bike without training wheels and writing her name and letters. We just love Megan's sweet, affectionate, easy-going personality and she is such a great addition to our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment