So, I haven't been to Girl's Camp in 8 years, but got to go this year as a leader for our stake. It was tons of fun and lemme just say the job is cake. :) I was over the 3rd year girls so 14 yr olds that have already been to camp and know the drill and where to be and what to do. Basically I went away for a week and someone else cooked for me, I didn't have to clean anything (okay, we had a few chores, but no big deal), no laundry, no kids to chase and we basically got to eat as much candy as we wanted. Any time of day.
I really had a great time on the overnight hike, tubing on the lake with the girls, making s'mores, lip syncing in a skit, singing crazy loud songs and getting to know the people in our stake better. It's funny, I've always been in Primary at Church so this was my first time with the youth and on the hike I was talking and probably acting like a loud, 17 year old girl when a girl said, "Wow, I never knew you were cool! I know your husband is but we just never knew you were." Might sound kinda offensive, I took it as a major compliment from a 17 year old with a personality I myself admire.
Oh yeah, and I spent my 26th birthday there too, complete with 100 people singing to me and I got great gifts too! Almond MnM's, Almond Joys, and a CASE of Diet Pepsi (perfect present huh?! I loved it!) oh yeah, the best gift--I got to sleep in a tent that night instead of under the bug-infested trees dropping ticks down all night long. thank you Dawn for the gifts!
2 comments:
Isn't Girls Camp the best!?! I love it!! I've gone the last three years as a leader for the 4th year girls and have LOVED it so much. I'm bummed that I won't be able to go this year, but fortunately I couldn't have a better reason keeping me home! :)
I'm glad the girls are getting to know how cool and amazing you are!!
It was so much fun! You cracked me up with the cocunut's! Those knockers were great!
Post a Comment