Getting ready to drive the other day...
Me: Mikayla, get your seatbelt on please.
Me: Mikayla, please make a good choice and get your seatbelt on. Are you listening to me? Please help me out and make a good choice.
Finally, I had to take off my seatbelt and reach back and help her put hers on.
Me: How come you didn't put your seatbelt on?
After about 10 seconds of thinking she sighed.
Mikayla: Mom, sometimes I just make bad choices. Because if I make bad choices now, then when I am a mom I can tell my kids not to make bad choices because I can tell them it's not good to get in trouble and make Mom mad. I will tell my kids to make good choices so they can be happy. So that's the reason I didn't put my seatbelt on Mom.
Seriously? Do I laugh? What does one do as the mother in this situation. I just snickered and quickly grabbed a pen and a piece of scratch paper to write it down. I mean, what else could I do?
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh wow, that's awesome! How do kids get so smart?
These kids are outsmarting us more by the day!
What deep thoughts she has! Now it is recorded and she will definitly be able to use it when she is a mom!
p.s. How've you been?
Post a Comment