Monday, June 18, 2012

Dance Recitals!

 The girls had their first big recital at the State Theatre in Oroville.  It seat almost 600 and they absolutely loved performing!
 I'll be glad to have a break from doing dance hair for awhile!  There are a whole lot of bobby pins up in there!
 Megan's hair is natural though.  After she gets out of the shower, I comb it, run gel through it and twist it around her head using bobby pins to secure it in place for a few hours.  I take out the pins and voila, the cutest little Shirley Temple curls all over her head!
 Megan's group trying to do their can-can high kicks, she's in the middle here.  Her group of pink ballerinas was just the cutest thing ever!  She had a tap number and a ballet number.
 Mikayla's group in their cheetah-print getup.  They did a jazz dance and she is a born performer, smiling through the whole thing and shaking her hips better than we wish she would!  They both did a great job!  We got to go back Saturday and watch them again and I just love watching my girls shake their booties up on stage.  So fun!
 Magaw and Papa brought them flower bouquets and we gave them candy bouquets.
 Mikayla and her friend Julia.

 Kendra, looking quite sad that she doesn't have any chocolate.  Of course I had extra for her, but man she was sad at first seeing all the stuff they got!

 Thank you Magaw and Papa for coming and supporting the girls in their first recital!  It was a long night of dances, but it was a great performance!
 Mikayla and Paige
 Mikayla and her dance teacher, Miss Brandy
 Mikayla and Riley
So proud of my girl!

No comments: