Sunday, June 17, 2012

Days 4 and 5 in Cancun!

 Another day of laying out, sipping drinks, playing cribbage on the beach, and wave jumping.  We tried to ride the waves into shore, paddling hard to stay ahead of the waves without getting knocked down when they break near the shore.  I caught a hard wave that spun me and flipped me under the water and sent my legs crashing in the sand beneath me.  It was fun and almost exhilarating to be flipped around by the strength of the waves, but I lost my sunglasses in the process and wasn't too happy about that!

 I swear I think I ate my body weight in mangoes while we were there!  We had juicy, delicious fruit with every meal.  The french toast was not battered and cooked in egg like ours is, but more like buttered toast that is coated in cinnamon and sugar afterward.  It was delicious!  There was a topping station with sweetened condensed milk, Nutella, peanut butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar syrup which was caramelly in taste and was sinfully tasty. 
 The girls wanted to know if there were coconuts in Mexico and there were in fact so many palm trees around and every one of them was bursting at the seams with the fruit.  Most of the trees were shorter than the ones we tend to think of here in the U.S. and this tree had coconuts just hanging down at my eye level.  Pretty neat!
 We had amazing veggie and goat cheese pizzas at this Italian eatery as well as a Mexican meat lasagna that was to die for!
 Here I am with yet another pina colada.  It's a dang good thing I'm not an alcoholic! I loved this fruity drink so much I wouldn't have remembered much of my trip if they weren't virgin!

There was more entertainment that night including drummers and fire dancers.  The girls were hula hooping with rings of fire, guys were juggling sticks on fire and dancing with all kinds of dangerous things.  When they would light a new apparatus we could feel the heat of the flames on the balcony where we stood.  Another fabulous day!

No comments: