Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Month 1

Miss Kara is now one month old.  She is 9 lbs. even and 21 1/2 inches long.  She spent the first week of life trying to get over her jaundice.  She came home from the hospital at a 7.3.  A few days later she skyrocketed to a 16!  I was scared and unhappy when they told me to supplement with formula for a few days to push the jaundice through her body quicker.  I did NOT want to give up breastfeeding, but fortunately, she went from bottle to breast really well .
 We borrowed a light box from a friend and kept her under it for several days in a row along with sun bathing outside to get those levels down!  2 days later she was a 14.1 and then 2 days after that a 9.0 so all is well.
 Big sisters want to hold her ALL day long!

 She has a storkbite on the back of her head and I actually really like it.  It's cute and unique and I'm just really glad it's right there and not on the front of her face.
 Snuggle time with Daddy.



 As you can tell, Kara does more sleeping than anything else!  Such a sweet, content, easygoing, quiet, sleepy baby!
 Mikayla took this as she is pretty impressed at how much I can do around the house while nursing.


 This is how Mikayla wants to do her school reading most every night.

 Kendra doesn't call her Baby Kara like the other girls do, she just calls her Chubby Baby.


With her giraffe.  It'll be fun to see how she grows with her giraffe this year.  Love this sweet little munchkin!

No comments: