Monday, May 13, 2013

Wedding in Boston

First plane ride, 13 days old!  She did fabulous, didn't make a peep from CA to NH!  Little Kara came early enough that she could make the trip to the East Coast and though I had major anxiety and sleepless nights leading up to the decision of whether or not I was going, I was glad I did.  I literally waffled on whether or not to go until hours before we had to leave, it was so stressful thinking about flying that far with such a small baby and I have a bigger fear of flying/turbulence than I thought I did.




We made it to Manchester and went to the church building where everyone was decorating for the reception.  Uncle Dusty was all too happy to snuggle his little niece!

Cute little zebra bum that Magaw bought for Kara. 
Coming out of the temple after the wonderful sealing ceremony.  Josh never misses a photo op to embarrass ourselves! 
 

The new Mr. and Mrs. Carr!



Bride and groom with their parents
The Boston, Massachusetts temple.  Kara is probably one of the first people to go in the temple before ever having gone to church!

Had to get some shots with my sweet baby girl
Dusty and his groomsmen.

Can you tell we had more fun than we should have taking pictures?!


My lovely mom and dad.  I was so grateful to take the trip with them and we enjoyed our time together as a family.

I was glad to be able to drive through Boston.  We got to see some of the areas where Dusty served his mission as well as some historic parts of Boston, like this Paul Revere statue at the site of his famous line about the British being near.

The reception was that evening back in New Hampshire.  We got to meet a lot of people that Dusty knew from wards he served in and people that he taught on his mission as well which was really neat.



First dance as husband and wife.
Dancing with his mama.  It was so sweet watching them on the dance floor.
One of my favorite pictures from our trip!  I love my dad!
Got to dance with my brothers too.


And they're off!  What a great weekend we had all together!  I'm so glad we were able to be together as a family for Dusty's wedding and reception.

2 comments:

Danielle Bennett said...

Ah man! I am so bummed I can't make it for the reception in Chico this weekend :( Mom and Dane will be there so I know you all will have a blast. I am sure Dusty is glad you were there and it was a good thing Kara made an early entrance.

Chelsie said...

We are SO grateful that you were able to make the trip back East-it was so special to have you and Kara there. And, we cannot WAIT to see everyone TOMORROW!