Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kara Turns 1!

A year ago this sweet little thing just slept in my arms all day long and slept really well at night too.  She is still so very easygoing and happy and affectionate and we couldn't love her more than we do already.  So hard to believe my BABY is 1 and this is the last time we'll have a 1 yr old.  I have to admit, I woke up on her first birthday, pulled her into bed to snuggle and nurse, and cried just thinking back to the first time I held her in my arms and wishing she could just stay my little baby forever.  Love, love, love this sweet girl.
We made some owl balloons to hang around for her party.
I hung up all her month by month pictures to see her growth.
Little owl favor bags.







She was so excited to open each gift and loved seeing what was inside!
Her owl birthday cake.  I cheated and wrote her name nice, but ran out of time to make the owl cake I had thought I would!
Made a cupcake for her and after playing with the frosting a bit and eating a couple bites, she was done.  We were so surprised she didn't devour the whole entire thing since she loves to eat so much!



Her first piggy bank she got from Magaw and Papa filled with all their spare change from her first year of life.
Sitting pretty with her sisters who somehow all managed to find owl shirts in their drawers!  Happy, happy birthday sweet Kara girl!

No comments: