Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Hope I'm Not Disappointed...

(The Cullen Family) by the Twilight movie! Don't get me wrong, I am DYING to see it! I LOVED the books WAY MORE than I thought I would. In fact, I put off reading them for about a year and a half because I was sure they were "not my thing." I've never been into fantasy or vampires or anything closely related. To say the least, I and my husband, are quite shocked to discover that the series has become an intense, must-read that has not been easily put down. I read all four books in the past couple of months and what with the kids, the jobs, the new house, etc. etc. I consider that quite an accomplishment. So I read the books, fell in LOVE with Edward and have him up on such a high pedestal in my mind that I sorely hope to not be disappointed by the casting of him and other characters in the movie. If it turns out to be as good as I am hoping then I hope the producers are on their way to making the next movie soon! (November 21st baby! Opening night! Woot woot!)

3 comments:

The Butler Family said...

Amen to that, only I'm not sure I want to see it. I know, I will. I'm just afraid that it's going to ruin the books and the characters I LOVE and I won't ever be able to read them again picturing them the way I see them. Hmm. I'll still see it though.

Burke family said...

I feel the exact same way - I'm just not sure anything will come close to the images you have in your head. But I'm still sooo excited to see it! Have you read "Midnight Sun" .,. it's the first half of twilight from Edwards perspective. I just discovered it posted on her website and let's just say my house was not as clean as it should have been for a few days til I got through that one. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah baby WOOOOOT! Opening night !!!!
Now, I completely agree with your sentiments, and I have learned to accept, that with any book that becomes a movie, it will not be the same. The director is going to tweak it a little. And I am OK with that. I know it will be less than perfect, because.. well, the perfect Edward is ONLY in my head. So I know it will still be fab! (less than perfect, but that's OK.. *keep chanting keep chanting*
WOOOOOT! Nov 21st !!

Amy