
I took a basic v-neck Old Navy shirt of Mikayla's that she'd almost grown out of and cut it from the middle of the v-neck down to the bottom of the shirt. I cut 2 1-inch strips off the bottom of shirt and sewed those together to make one really long 1-inch strip.

Sewed a gathering stitch down the length and well, gathered it.

I pressed and hemmed the bottom of the shirt and the middle. Then I arranged my long ruffle snake around the neck and cascading down the shirt a bit. And then pinned it. A lot.

I really wanted to make sure that ruffle wasn't going anywhere!

Using the same color thread, I merely stitched the thing down along the new neckline and added a hook and eye closure in the front of the new cardigan.

Voila! I think it may just be cuter than before!

Either that or my model just makes it look that way! Now go try this! I made one for me too! It's like the 15-minute shirt-to-cardigan that is super easy and ruffle-y and fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment