Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Homemade Dresses

I decided to try making a pillowcase dress and for those of you who know my sewing style, you know I don't sew with a pattern. I look up tutorials online or just figure something out. For some reason, it's just easier that way. :)


It was super simple and I love that there is no closure involved other than a casing and big grosgrain ribbon through the top of the neckline. Easy peasy.



Can I bottle up that smile and save it for a rainy day? Please?


Miss Kendra loves the swing at Magaw and Papa's house.


Since I was given the fabric, I had enough to make skirts for the other girls. I cut off their jeans right below the bottom of the zipper and added a few layers of ruffles. I happened to find the coral shirts on clearance at Target that matched my flowered material exactly. I think they look adorable. Mikayla thinks she looks horrible. She's not a fan of the jean skirt/ruffle hem look. "I look like an 80's girl Mom!" Yeah, I know. Isn't that look back now?


I love the flowers at my parents house too.


Hydrangeas are some of my favorite flowers.




No comments: