Monday, July 9, 2012

Canada Day!

To show some love for Dad, we surprised him with a Canaidan maple leaf tie and I made shirts for the girls with maple leaves to wear to church.
And yes, I wore red and white too, can't clash with my Canadian husband and half-Canadian children!



That evening we had friends over, some happened to be half-Canadian or a quarter-Canadian too.
I made red cupcakes with maple leaves on them and we had maple donut bars for dessert too.  Let me tell you, the kids were pretty dang excited to get donuts and cupcakes for dessert!
We made pizzas with canadian bacon and various other toppings.



The adults had a contest to see who could make a pizza that most resembled a maple leaf.  Trina won by a longshot!  She used a knife to cut out her intricate design and kicked all our trash in this contest.
The adults with our pizzas.  We had a great time celebrating Canada Day and love these fun family traditions.

No comments: