Both girls were playing soccer at the same time today. I stood between both fields trying to keep an eye on both games and make sure they could each hear me cheering for them. Trent was coaching Megan's team and just as I turn to cheer for Megan who was ahead of the pack taking the ball down the field toward her goal, I hear shouts of "Good job Mikayla!" coming from behind me. Yes, I had missed her one and only goal of the season. I clapped and pumped my fist in the air and yelled out her name trying to play it off, but she knew. I had missed the 8 seconds of glory that it took for her to dribble the ball down the field and into the net.
We got a recap of the epic moment after the game and I could tell my poor girl was broken up inside that neither of her parents saw her score. Never mind that we have been to every game and cheered loudly and congratulated her assists. Missing this one hurt and it's one of those moments you wish you could get back...
Monday, October 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment