I took the girls with me to Chico so they could play at Magaw and Papa's house while I got my hair cut and ran a butt load of errands. We had Family Home Evening and enjoyed a little dessert and got the girls to bed. Megan really wanted to sleep with me and I'm so glad I let her.
At 2:45am I heard the gurgling and burping sounds next to me and ordered her out of bed quickly! She made it to the hardwood floor entryway and spewed dinner everywhere. I asked her to stay there while I got a rag and a bucket, but she kept following me into the kitchen throwing up repeatedly in front of the stairs, by the nook, and in front of the fridge. It was a war zone. I had to tiptoe around the mess to get back to her and rushed her to the bathroom. This continued at least every half hour until about 7:30 this morning. She had completely emptied the contents of her stomach and was now devoid of bile and saliva. I heard the noises from her throat and rushed her to the bathroom again where she began puking up blood. Bright, red blood. There was about a tablespoon in the toilet and I quickly called Trent knowing I could handle throw-up on my own, but blood was a different story.
Finally, a few hours later she was able to keep some Gatorade down and the blood subsided so we didn't end up going into the ER, but it wsa pretty scary. Somehow, the child chose to not nap all day long, even snuggled up on the couch with me watching Disney Jr. shows. By lunchtime, she was hungry and asking for food. She got 2 Saltine crackers and by the afternoon she's 100% back to normal. I have no idea how the flu went that rapidly and viciously through her body, but she's sleeping soundly now. We'll see what tonight has in store...
This is how I found her after getting home from teaching my class. The babysitter said she brushed her teeth and then he helped Kendra brush hers. When he came back to get Megan, this is where she was, on the living room floor! Poor girl!
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Megan, I am so glad it didn't last long. Did Trent figure out why she was vomiting blood, that is so scary.
Post a Comment