Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4 days old

 Miss Kara is the sweetest little baby.  Just barely makes a squeak to let us know it's time to eat, she sleeps all day and loves to be snuggled.
   Funny story, I delivered her at 36 weeks and 6 days.  But, she was no preemie baby!  This chunky 7 and a half pounder had just a little lanugo, had lots of baby fat, and came out needing her fingernails all cut--they were curling over the tips of her fingers!  So, the doctor and several nurses asked me if I had my dates right and though I know when I had my last period, the Dr. thinks I ovulated several weeks sooner making this cutie several weeks older than we had thought.  It all makes sense really since she's my biggest baby, I had a couple irregular periods last summer, and she was measuring ahead of her dates on the ultrasound which all the other girls have measured small. 






 I love seeing that little cord.  It only stayed on for 7 days so we had to catch it on camera quickly!
Gah!  I could kiss these sweet cheeks all day! 


No comments: