Friday, December 27, 2013

 I don't sew with patterns, but prefer to make things up.  I knew I wanted an owl-themed quilt for Kara and couldn't find what I wanted, so I bought some coordinating fabric and sketched out a design and voila!  A quilt was born!


 I saw these shower curtain for around $100 on Anthropologie, but not over my dead body could I spend that on a shower curtain!  C'mon people, let's get real here.  It provides privacy sure, but a Benjamin Franklin for a 10 minute shower?!  Sheesh.  So, I cut apart a white bed sheet into strips, dyed a few brown and a few lavender and left a few white.  A less than traditional neopolitan sure, but we've got enough pink going on in this house already!  Again, no pattern, just ruffled each layer and eyeballed where the layers should lay as I pinned them on to another flat white sheet.  I attached the ruffles and just like that, the bathroom went from boring to kinda fabulous.  I've got a thing for ruffles, I admit it!
 Needed a little wall art, so my friend Photoshop and I set to work.  A little clipart crown here, changing up some fonts there and I love it.  I LOVE to create and see my handiwork around my house.  Sure it takes more time to make stuff on my own, but it's cheaper and gives me a sense of pride when I see what I've come up with.
 Kara enjoying her owl friends.
Big sockless girl loves sitting up on her own--for about 10 seconds and then falls over on her face.  Love that happy smile!!

No comments: