Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer Spinach Strawberry Salad!

This has become our new favorite summer salad! Such a good recipe. Seriously. Try it.

Dressing:
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. apple cider vinegar(mix both till combined, then add)
1 1/2 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/3 cup oil

Mix all and pour desired amount over salad. I put mixed greens and baby spinach in the salad with sliced strawberries and avocados. Then I toss some candied almonds on top and it is seriously delish! For dinner, we throw some grilled chicken with it and it's a fabulous meal!

Candied almonds: 1/4 Cup sugar and 1/2 Cup slivered almonds

Stir both in pan till sugar is dissolved. Spread out on pan to dry and cool. Couldn't be simpler! I use some in the salad and save the rest for future nights. It's a great salad to take to bbq's, luncheons, etc. too.

Oh yeah, nothing like a nice strawberry virgin margarita to go along with it! Don't judge me. :)

2 comments:

terrahall said...

Thats funny I just made a salad almost exactly like that last week and it was so yummy.
I put greens, fresh sliced avacado, fresh strawberries, red onion cut into small pieces, carmalized almonds and then I used a store bought salad dressing. It is new from kraft called raspberry poppy seed.
Yummy!!!!

Orange Peanut said...

Looks delish and I love the strawberry daiquiris, we enjoy those treats here too from time to time!