Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mommy Daughter Date

Dad usually takes each girl once a month on a daddy/daughter date. Well, I decided it was my turn! I found a groupon online for 2 for the price of 1 ice skating and since Mikayla has been asking to go forever, decided we would give it a try. I thought for sure we would go and she would hang onto the wall the whole time or cling to my arm until I got pulled down to the sheet of ice below. I was wrong. She did an amazing job for her first time ever on ice skates! I was quite impressed and we had so much fun together! We skated next to each other, holding hands and talking, and went to the middle of the rink to spin together as well. I can't wait till the rink opens up again next year!

check her out! remember, it's her FIRST time!

and oh yeah, it's okay to be impressed by my mad skills. Would've been cooler if I had more speed, but I got a little camera-shy and held back. One semester of ice skating in college 10 years ago and I can still work a spin. Too nervous to do any jumps or scratch spins, but for a mom of 3, I'll take what I can get!

1 comment:

Ali said...

That's amazing! Lauren and I went for the first (and only) time a couple of years ago. We both clung to the wall most of the time.