
Lil Heartbreaker all ready for church

Couldn't help but give hugs and kisses to that cute face!

Mikayla really wanted some cool valentines to pass out to her friends at school. I saw this idea over at eighteen25's blog and loved it! We immediately went outside to take a picture, typed "Hope you have a SWEET Valentine's Day! Love, Mikayla" on it and uploaded it to WalMart. We picked up the pics that night and added the suckers the next day. She was sooo excited to hand these out at school to all her friends.

They were quite a hit and she's already looking for ideas for next year's valentines.

It was windy and cold! But she wore her Valentine's shirt, hat with hearts, and sweater with hearts. Can't let a holiday go by without dressing the part.

Megan wore her valentiney clothes too and she loved going up in front of the class to show off her clothes. Megan loves any chance she can get to be up in front of the class sharing something or helping with a song or having a chance to talk with her teacher. She loves preschool!

Cookie decorating time means frosting licking time for Megan.

She took the valentine box stuffing very seriously.

I got to help out in Mikayla's class with her party as well and she had a blast reading each card and who they were each from.

We had a special dinner that night at home with some almost in bloom tulips, which are absolutely gorgeous now!

I made a copycat version of Macaroni Grill's "Penne Rustica." It's my favorite dish there and though it was time intensive, it was delish! It involved a cream sauce with chopped rosemary, marsala wine, garlic, and cream that had to be reduced--first off, never done any of this before. Surprisingly, after making the sauce and adding the shrimp, chicken, pancetta, and parmesan, it baked in the oven and was quite a fabulous meal!

The girls loved it, though they probably loved their Martinelli's a little more. Our Valentine's Day was filled with fun and love and I have to admit, I'm sad to be putting away the red and pink decorations and having an excuse to put hearts on everything. Truly a fun decorating holiday!
3 comments:
Wow, sure brings back the memories of your childhood. You're awesome!
I don't know what happened, but that was Mom not Dusty! UGH! technology.
Penne Rustica is my favorite, too! I've tried a couple versions on my own but it never hits the spot like theirs does.
Post a Comment