Sunday, February 20, 2011

TROUBLE, this one is

I put Kendra down for a nap the other day, only instead of the soft whispering snore, I hear giggles, which turn to crying, which turn to mad shrieks. I went in to see what the ruckus was about and much to my horror-- Kendra had pulled off her pants, socks, and diaper. She had spread the poo from said diaper on every sheet, blanket, and article of clothing in the crib and walked around in the stuff. I. was. horrified.

We had to leave to pick Megan up for school in less than 15 minutes, so into the bath she went and into the laundry went the mound of soiled cotton comforts. All cleaned up, made it to school, got Megan, grabbed some essential groceries on the way home and as we came in through the front door, I put the groceries down and dashed to the garage to put all the once very soiled laundry in the dryer. I came out of the garage to find this...

Kendra masterfully oppened the box of margarine and was squishing and devouring a cube in each hand! Trouble I tell you! She is into EVERYthing. If I don't put my purse up high, the contents of my wallet and other personal items will be strewn around the house never to be seen again. If the bathroom door is open, who knows what she will stuff down the toilet. If a bedroom door is left open, well, I hope you haven't left any toys out, because they will, without a doubt, be destroyed.
For the record, even though she is riding the bottom of the height/weight chart and is rockin her 12 and even 9 month clothes, I decided to forego the clogged arteries of a 15 month old and did not let her consume the sticks of calorie-laden butter aforementioned.
It's a good thing she's cute.

2 comments:

Chris and Dani said...

You make me nervous for the days to come with Noah! He's learning how to get into more things everyday. Good luck with your cutie!

Burke family said...

That sounds just like Halle! These little ones sure keep us on our toes! :)