Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Pajama Day!
And I don't know who was more excited, Mom or Mikayla? I used to love pajama day at school and Mrs. Valdez sure made it a fun day for her first graders. Mikayla was so excited to wear her new doggy jammies to bed and then to wake up and go to school in them. They were also allowed to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, stuffed animal, and books. All the desks and chairs were pushed out of the way to allow for the sleeping bags and much reading. What a great ady! Kelsey and I got to go in and read Dr. Seuss books to the class (in our jammies of course!) and it is always so much fun to see how much Mikayla loves her first grade class and her wonderful teacher.
Gettin' cozy for storytime!
Megan and Brea at preschool pajama day. Megan was THE ONLY child to not try the green eggs at preschool. Each kid got to crack their own egg and add food coloring and mix it up and then the teacher scrambled the green eggs. No way, no how was Megan going to try the nasty looking egg. I called her "Sam I Am" in hopes that a little good-natured teasing might help, but alas, stubborn as all get out. She refused.
Megan loves going to preschool and has so much fun with her friends there. She started the year really shy and wouldn't talk to anyone. Now, she wants to bring an item from home everyday that starts with the letter of the week to get up and share in front of the class. She loves to be the line leader and song leader and has made lots of little friends. On pajama day, she even shared her blanket and pillow with a little girl who forgot hers. She's very sweet and likes to help others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment