Sunday, October 2, 2011

Surprise!

 I made a puzzle for each girl and hid the pieces all around the room(one puzzle, one room for each girl).
 They had to assemble the puzzle...
 yes, it was tricky on purpose!  And then they got the first clue: Megan's puzzle was a crown and Mikayla's was Minnie Mouse.
 Then they got a chain with 39 links on it and Mikayla started cluing in to something here!
 Thank you Kendra for destroying the puzzle, ever so helpful.
The last clue, since they still needed a little help!  I made matching Minnie Mouse shirts for the girls.  So, just to recap: a crown, Minni Mouse, 39 days, Minnie Mouse shirts....hmmm... that's right!  We're going to Disneyland!  We're so excited and they have been loving taking a link off their chain each day.  Only 25 links left now!  We're going with Trent's brother and sister-in-law, Brock and Chelsey, and their 2 cute girls, Paytin and Presley.  They also have Minnie shirts, so we should have some cute matching pics of all these girls from our trip. 

To help with behavior and obeying around here, we are starting up our marble jars again.  Good behavior that goes above and beyond being helpful or listening the first time with a good attitude, etc. earns a marble.  Marbles can be taken away for less desirable behavior and and the marbles can be cashed in for quarters before our trip so they can each have spending money in Disneyland.  We'll see how it works!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

So fun! Your family is going to have a great time and I can't wait to see the pics!

Burke family said...

How fun! I can't wait to hear all about it. The marble jars sounds like a great idea to help them earn spending money! Have fun!

Keltie said...

How exciting I wish we could come too. I think we might try to go either this coming spring or next fall. Have fun and take lots of pictures. Love you and miss you, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

Orange Peanut said...

How exciting! You guys will have a blast.