Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's A GIRL!!!

We had our first ultrasound at 18 weeks and the tech said she was moving so much he could not ever get a picture between the legs. I even tried using the restroom, switching sides on the table, nothing would get her to calm down and hold still for a picture--so not info I like to hear! My kids need to be born holding still for pictures dang it!! haha

So, the next week we drove to Roseville an hour away and got an elective ultrasound. Wouldn't you know it, I laid down, the tech placed the wand on the belly, and instantly we saw girly parts! We just started laughing!  Kendra has talked to the baby for many weeks now and at about 14 weeks she asked the baby if she was a boy or a girl and had a whole conversation with the sister in utero.  She then told me that the baby said she's a girl and her name is Emma.  (sidenote: no, we have NO names picked out or decided on, Kendra just has her own imagination!)

We tried EVERYTHING to make a boy this time and let's just say all the diets, timing, *ahem*positions, etc. don't work, there is no foolproof way to make a boy, even when you try EVERYTHING on the list! Oh well, we know we are a family of girls and that is A-OK. I mean, I think they're pretty dang cute! We love our girls and look forward to the arrival of this little one too.

3 comments:

The Carrs said...

So excited for this new little one! My mom said they tried lots of ways to make a boy and then they got me! lol
Your girls are beautiful so might as well keep on having them! By the way, I love the name Emma!

KaCee said...

Congratulations on your little girl! My family had only 4 girls too and we loved it!

Danielle Bennett said...

I agree with Chloe! Emma is a great name for this new little bundle! Can't wait to meet her and think your tips are cute. :) Hoping not to have the same problem in the opposite direction as Anthony's dad could only make boys.