Friday, December 21, 2012

Pregnancy so far...

17 weeks before church
19 weeks before church
22 weeks, right before Trent's work Christmas party
So, this is the LAST pregnancy for me and yes, I have mixed feelings.  I did NOT enjoy getting morning sickness and awful killer headaches this time around from week 6-13.  I do not enjoy buying bigger bras before there's a big belly to compensate.  I found I had to eat small protein filled snacks often to stave off the sickness.  The constant eating has been nice in a way, but I seriously gained 5 lbs in one week, week 6!  Are you freakin' kidding me?!  Fortunately, that wasn't a trend because had that continued I would be one very unhappy pregosaur!

 I am still able to teach BodyPump at the gym, though I must admit, the pushups are getting to be a joke.  I can only do about 4 on my toes as compared to 40 before baby belly--yes, that's right, a 90% decrease, so awesome... but, I guess that's what happens when you gain 15 lbs in your midsection.

 I feel great right now, being 23 weeks and in the second trimester.  I have to use both hands to push myself up off the couch, but at least I have energy to clean the showers and carpets, and wrap presents, and make skirts, and mop floors, and on and on and on.  I know the tiredness that is coming and am relishing the extra energy right now.

I actually really like having the bump and wearing elastic waistbands.  Found the cutest skinny jeans at Ross for $15 and love wearing them with boots or my 5inch red high heels.  Against my husband's approval, I will wear my heels as much as I can till the last day I can!  I love me some heels!

I love feeling this little girl kick and that is one thing I will miss.  It's an unexplainable feeling, but so totally reassuring the whole pregnancy that all is well with the babe.  This kid is funny too, because she kicks lightly all day until someone presses on the tummy or I bend over or something squishes the belly, then she kicks HARD!  She does not like to be messed with!  It makes me laugh just wondering what we have in store....

1 comment:

Danielle Bennett said...

That kicker sounds tough! Good thing too, she is at the bottom of the pecking order. Glad to know things are going well. Mom told me about your morning sickness while she was in town for Scott and Portia's wedding. You are a champ! Times like this I wish we lived closer!