Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Progress!

Had a Dr. appt today with my totally funny, kinda geeky, easy-to-talk-to OB Dr. Mazen.  I really like him, even if he does wear a mismatched bow tie everyday and wants me to go overdue so I can deliver on his birthday!

  I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant and hearing that I am 2-3 cm. dilated, 50% effaced, and the baby is at -1 station makes all the symphysitis, burning patches of skin from nerve damage, pelvic pain, and everything else that much better.  To be honest, having a nurse for a husband, I had him check the other day to see if there was ANY progress and his diagnosis matched the Dr.'s. exactly.  So yay!  Glad to see things are moving in the right direction.  I still have crazy anxiety for the impending birth and knowing what is to come, but I'm ready to have my body back and go on walks and bike rides with my family again.  It's funny how much you want to do something when you're told you can't!  I will be taking this little baby on LOTS of walks to make up for all these weeks of limited mobility.

I think we're narrowing names down to Kara or Kinley and there are a few others that strike us as possibilities, but we'll just wait and see what she looks like or how we feel after she's born.

2 comments:

The Carrs said...

So excited to meet her!! And we will get back in shape together :)

Danielle Bennett said...

You did a great job Amber! So proud and can't wait to meet her!! Looking forward to the many posts I know will be up here once you are back in action. Take care a rest up! Love you!