Friday, March 1, 2013

Do-nut you know I love you?

I love my husband, totally makes me laugh.  I sent him to the store for salsa.  He came home with 2 cartons of ice cream, a box of donuts, a box of chocolate croissants for work, and chips.  "Hey, don't send me to the store right before dinner!" he says.

Well, after dinner, we broke into the mini donuts and the girls were showing us how they can stuff a whole mini donut in their mouth.  "That's nothing, I can do 3 at once" I very jokingly said.  "Do it!  Do it!" they started chanting and because the challenge had been thrown down, I conceded.  I stuffed 3 of those mini bad boys into my mouth--which was the easy part.  Next came the chewing part--not so easy at all!  They were not breaking up nicely and took up ALL the room in my mouth.

 Well, that combined with a stuffy nose I can't breathe out of meant I lost the ability to breathe.  My face registered mock panic and soon everyone sensed my inability to breathe or chew.  But rather than help, they started laughing.  Hysterically.  I too was laughing so hard crumbs started spewing out which meant my children were falling off their chairs laughing and both Trent and I had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard.  I admit it, me acting like a total buffoon was pretty funny...until I actually couldn't breathe and had to motion for Trent to grab a napkin so I could make room in my mouth to breathe.

So, challenge accepted.  I DID fit 3 in my mouth at once.  We'll just keep the side fact that they couldn't well be chewed or swallowed hush hush.  The things I do for my kids....  haha

No comments: