Friday, March 1, 2013

Symphysitis

Never heard of it?  Me either. Don't care about it?  Me either, until I was diagnosed with it and now it's all I can think about. Basically, it means my body's producing too much relaxin, a normal pregnancy hormone, that helps the hips and pelvis spread in preparation for birth.  So, having too much means too much pelvic spreading which means trouble walking and sleeping. 
   So, I've been told to lay off the gym, stay off my feet, and avoid stairs.  Real easy with 3 kids and a 2-story house!  Sleep is elusive with the pelvic pain, baby kicking, and searing hip pain all night.  Tylenol kind of cuts the pain, but not as much as I'd like.  I have one great day and then a day where I'm all but confined to the couch.  33 weeks now.... hoping and wishing it'll only be 5 more because I can't wait to get out and walk and exercise again! 

I think this time on the couch has made me more fully appreciate the health I normally do enjoy and the fitness I strive so hard for.  I saw a quote that said, "Health is not a chore, it is a blessing."  This has really resonated with me as something so minor as pelvic pain has made something so easy as walking seem difficult.

 Hey, I can at least pretend I'm enjoying this right?!
Oh yeah, pregnancy the 4th time around is peachy and if I haven't said it enough already, I am NEVER gettting pregnant again! I hear the Taylor Swift song in my head as I say it, but, "I-I, am never, never, ever....getting" pregnant again.  Oh yeah, also probably shouldn't write a blog post after coming out to the couch to try to sleep at 4am because the bed is seeming more like a torture device.  Lack of sleep combined with pain makes me not such a happy person...

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

Amber I felt exactly the same way with ALL my pregnancies, hence the reason I only did it 3 times not 4!!! Ugh I feel your pain. I also felt like my babies were constantly falling out (and they pretty much did). I hope this little one comes early for you too! And I want to see her really bad!

Chris and Dani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Dani said...

I'm so sorry, Amber! I hope you are alright these last few weeks (I guess it's a little more than a few!) I'll keep you in my prayers. It is so hard not to be able to do everyday things and be in so much pain!

EY Thrift Store said...

Oh Amber! I'm sorry! I hope these next (hopefully only 5) weeks fly by for you.