
I got these cute little mailboxes on sale a couple of weeks ago at Michael's for $2.00 I had seen them at Target in the dollar section in white, but they flew off the shelves within days. I called 9 Target's and they were ALL out! So I got red instead. Using paint pens I wrote our names on them and added a little embellishment. You could obviously do much more with yours, I didn't care to spend a ton of time on them though. :)

So these cute mailboxes sit atop our mantle and each day or several times a day during the week before Valentine's Day we put little notes or treats or small gifts in each other's mailboxes. It is so fun to get a note from a family member telling you how much they love you and why they love you. When you put something in someone's box, you put the flag up so they know they have mail. Mikayla loves to have us help her write her notes and then she sneakily puts the note in our box. She doesn't let the note sit in there for more than 8 seconds before she acts all surprised and says, "Mom! Look, your flag is up on your mailbox! There must be something in there for you!" It is so funny! I wanted to make the holiday stretch out a little longer than just on the 14th. So rather than one day of Valentine's we got lotsa days! A whole lotta love goin on here! We did something similar to this growing up and it is fun for me to continue the fun traditions I remember from my childhood.

"You've got mail!"
2 comments:
That's so cute! What a great tradition!
That is such an awesome tradition! Don't you love kids and their excitement over the little things in life? I love coming to your blog and finding creative ideas on gifts, holidays, etc.
Post a Comment