Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cinco De Mayo!

Here's the girls in their Cinco De Mayo dresses. Uncle Josh and Aunt Chloe went to Mexico in January and brought back some little dresses for them. I told Mikayla where the dresses were from and she wanted to wear hers for Cinco de Mayo. She wore it to preschool and her teacher said, "What a pretty dress Mikayla! It's perfect for today, and I love all the pretty colors!" She said, "Yeah, I look like a Mexican girl." Uhhh, not quite what I had said in the morning, but whatever! I taught water aerobics and worked and had achievement days that night, so for our holiday-themed meal we had ultimate nachos! C'mon give me a break, it's kinda Mexican food!
Megs loves wearing her comfy blue dress.
They both love all the hand-embroidered flowers and Mikayla loved that her dress had all the colors of the rainbow in it. Thanks Josh and Chloe!

1 comment:

Ruth M said...

Yeah, I made Mexican food on Cuatro de Mayo, and we had Italian on Cinco. Ultimate nachos more than counts. Besides, my Mexican brother in law informed us tonight that none of the mexican's he knows actually celebrate it either. They think it's a white people's holiday. Hope you're feeling well.