Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And Baby #3 Is...

A Girl!!!
Here I am before the ultrasound today, too bad you can't see the ultra-cute shoes! haha :) I'm 19 weeks now and we went in and found that everything is right on track and baby is healthy and that Trent has no male sperm in his body. lol Just kidding, but seriously. 3 girls?! Holy mole!
We were driving home tonight and the girls for some random reason both decided to scream at the top of their lungs and not a nice scream either--the ear-piercing siren scream that drives me up the wall! They were laughing and trying to outdo each other and I just looked over at Trent and said, "Seriously? One more of these?! My ears cannot take it!" :)
So, the tech showed us several pictures of the girl parts and lack of boy parts and I don't know why, but I cried. Right there on the table. Not the, "I'm so emotional and full of joy" cry, but the "I can't believe it, because I was secretly sure it was a boy and planned out his wardrobe and crib bedding and have to give away the cute outfit and blanket I prematurely bought!" I was a little shocked.
I know it's silly and stupid in fact. She's healthy and growing well and that's all that should matter. Another girl will be wonderful. I'm a "girl Mom." I know how to do girls and I love the cute clothes and hairbows, but I was so caught off guard by my emotions that I didn't even call my mother, she called me about 4 hrs later saying, "Wasn't your ultrasound today?" I said yep and she said, "Well, I'm guessing since you didn't call we're having another girl?" And I cried. She's excited and said my brother Dusty heard the news and said, "Great! Another girl for me to love" Very sweet. So yes, there's the news! Don't rib me about not having a boy because I will most likely cry. But I'll get over it. :)
Any girl names to suggest? We found out we can't leave the baby-naming up to Mikayla. Her picks? Zelda Isabella, or Tina. Seriously.

6 comments:

JenW said...

don't feel bad about thinking the baby was a boy! i think that's natural once you have two beautiful girls and would like a boy:) but another girl will be wonderful. we are trying to come up with a boy name...we have some we like but i'm not sure yet:) for girls we like cydney, callie, reina, molly..the list could go on for girl names:) you look fabulous, i look like a beached whale already...awesome! you are a great mom, love you tons!

Burke family said...

Congratulations! I think you just make the cutest little girls and you are such a great mom to them.

Ruth M said...

That's why I think it's great to find out at the ultrasound. That gives you 20 more weeks to accept what you're getting. And when Bracken tried to give me crap the other day about timing sex to improve chances of specific genders, I turned it right back around on his inability to make boy sperm. Congratulations on your baby being healthy, and on joining the all girl screaming choir.

Kimberly said...

At least you and Ruth can commiserate, right?! Congrats on growing a healthy baby girl. And for the record, you can borrow Mason anytime you want. I won't mind at all. Seriously.

Orange Peanut said...

You are one hot looking mama!

KaCee said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! We had all girls in our family and loved it and still do!