Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This Is How We Roll

That's right! I am 27 and have a minivan. I DID NOT think I would have one so young, but alas, here I am going on kidlet #3 and found it time to enter the world as a minivan momma. It's a 2008 Sedona that we got for a screamin' deal with only 45 miles on it. Now, 2 weeks later, it has many more miles--sniff, sniff-- but I absolutely LOVE driving it. The color's called "olive gray." You tell me what you think that means. Some say blue, some say green, some say gray. I think the color kinda changes depending on the light.


I have way more visibility than the Durango and Mikayla loves that her seat reclines for trips to Chico and just when she's tired. And no, we don't have 4 vehicles now. The Corolla was totaled in an accident (no, I wasn't driving, thank you very much!), the truck was put out to pasture (needs thousands more moolah in work than it is worth, hey, it was a work truck), and now Trent uses the Durango for his signs and has a trailer that he hitches up behind it to tow all the signs in. So we just have the Durango and a minivan.

Heck, in the fall, I will officially be a soccer mom as Mikayla starts her first year of soccer and will be escorted to and from games in a minivan. :)

Mikayla, reclining and resting on the way back from the Folsom outlets.
Megan loves her ride and can see out the windows.

4 comments:

Ruth M said...

There's no shame in making your life easier. Plus, I prefer to think that as everyone is becoming more eco-concious and SUVs are becoming less cool, minivans will improve their standing.

Ali said...

I wouldn't trade my minivan for anything!

Trent and Amber said...

Yay for more minivan lovers out there! I agree w/you Ruth, they are becoming "more cool." :)

JenW said...

so cute, we love our van now and ethan is thrilled to tell people all about it! love it! your girls look like they enjoy it so much as well!