Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Feeling Guilty

I took a class at the gym with weights yesterday, taught a high-impact class later, swam with Mikayla for an hour, and went back and taught two back-to-back classes this morning. After all that and running a few errands I put Megan down for a nap and decided to rest too. I hadn't laid down in bed for more than 5 minutes when I hear Mikayla, "Mom, aren't you going to watch the movie with me?" I said no and that I needed to rest.

She says, "Fine. I'll watch the movie and you just lay here in bed doing absolutely nothing..." and walked off. For a fraction of a second I felt guilty. Yeah, it's the middle of the day, what am I doing in bed--that kind of guilty. But, I got over it and fell right to sleep chuckling at how lazy my kid thinks I am!

No comments: