
My fabulous friend Megan had some friends over to her place for a craft night. She, in her 8 months preggo glory, cut out and sanded ALL the wood for us! Bless her. Then we painted, picked our own papers and cut them to size, mod podged them on, and now have a new decor item for the 4th!

The semi-before. The blocks are painted and I inked the edges with a brown ink pad. A few of my papers are cut out but not roughed up around the edges yet here. Oh, and did I mention I hate Mod Podge? Love the idea of it, but the darn stuff bubbles everytime for me! I am totally Mod Podge-challenged and grrr....it makes me mad. Oh well! A thin coat under the paper and a thin coat over the paper to seal it on and you're good to go. When I got home I hot glued a few buttons on my star too for a little more pizazz. Oh and talk about cheap and easy, all my patterned paper strips were from one sheet of paper from Michael's--nice!

I made room for it on the mantle and love it!
1 comment:
It turned out so cute!!!! I'm glad that we got some ladies together to make them! I think a repeat with your paper scraps turned into cards is a great idea!!!
Post a Comment