Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Little Repurposin'

I have a coral shirt that I like. I like the shape and the neckline and the length. Not a big fan of the matching scarf anymore. So, I cut it up!
I cut random circle-y, flowerish shapes out of the scarf.
Then I arranged them on top of each other like a flower.
I arranged them around the neckline of the shirt and handstitched them to the shirt with needle and thread. I also threaded a few beads on the needle and added those to the center. I also scrunched the edges a bit and tacked them down with a few stitches in places to keep them from flopping around.
Here it is on! I am totally embracing the embellished tee trend! This was so easy, don't throw out any of your shirts or kid's shirts before you can see what you can do with them!