Friday, July 2, 2010

Patriotic Skirts

I am super proud of these skirts!!! The girls wore them to church last Sunday and I love them! I don't have a pattern or a tutorial, because they are a compilation of a few ideas I've seen and then I tweaked them how I wanted.
Putting it simply: it's 3 ruffled tiers sewn together and topstitched with white thread for contrast. The top was folded over, I made a casing and inserted elastic. I guessed on their waist and length measurements and did pretty well! Next time I think I'll make them even fuller. I wanted them to be more twirly and a little fuller, but when you're guessing at measurements without a pattern, you get what you get!
I cut some strips of fabric from a stash my mom had and used leftover elastic. So basically, I made cute skirts for the 4th for nothing!

3 comments:

kalinda said...

love the skirts, they look so good.

Chris and Dani said...

You are amazing Amber! I am so impressed with all of your great projects!

Jackie M said...

They were SOOO cute at church last week! I Love that you are so talented with the crafts.