As the kids left the classroom today, I had the camera poised expecting a jubilant dash from the class into my arms with my sweet girl grinning ear to ear. Instead, all the kids filed out shuffling their feet and rubbing their eyes. These long school days will take some getting used to! Mrs. Valdez said they are all very tired and had trouble staying awake after lunch! She assured us it will get easier and I know it will. Heck, I'll take it, she fell asleep at 7pm. Let's hope this is a trend!
Monday, August 23, 2010
First Day in First Grade
and she did wear clothes!
Polka dot top to match the polka dot backpack in fact. She really wanted a lunchbox that clipped to the outside of her backpack like her friend Emma had last year. So, thank you Old Navy, problem solved and she loves it!

Megan missed her sister today! On our way to pick up Mikayla she said, "I miss Mikay-duh. I want her to come home to me now." I agree. I spent most the day thinking about she was doing. If she was at a recess, or doing math. Is she playing with friends or being picked on. Is she being nice to others, is she listening well...is she missing me? I am glad she gets to go to school and frankly, a little break during the day is nice for everyone, but 6 HOURS IS A LONG TIME! I'm not used to being apart from my sweet girl that much. It was a long day of waiting for 2:45 to roll around.
We got lucky to be in the same class with her buddy Erik this year. The kids all walked into class and were told to find their desk by reading the nametags and lo and behold, she is sitting RIGHT next to him! If only the two can keep their mouths shut and keep the giggling to a minimum until recess, they'll work well together! Sure was a nice surprise though. I'm glad she has a friend she knows so well right off the bat sitting next to her.
Mikayla went up to get her nametag and meet Mrs. Valdez. She sure seems like a very nice teacher and very friendly and loving. We're looking forward to a great first year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When did she get so old?! First grade! The last time I saw you guys she was just a baby still... now that's sad!
Post a Comment