
Mikayla has wanted a Tea Party themed birthday for months! So, we started planning early and it turned it well. This was my first time trying a layered cake and after making frosting flowers for over an hour and not liking them, I went with the silk variety instead. I iced her name in white chocolate and it's standing on the first tier. I wanted a cake with some height, so it's 4 large rounds on the bottom and 2 smaller cakes stacked for the top tier. Needless to say, we've had cake all week! Big tip here: for a super-duper moist cake, take it out of the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and wrap in foil. Stick the warm cakes straight into the freezer. I did this Thursday night, stacked and frosted them on Friday, and they were still super moist and yummy on Saturday (and into Wednesday!). The freezer is your friend here folks.

We had a garden arch set up for picture taking.

Magaw always knows how to avert child crises. Megan did NOT want her hair clipped out of her face like Mom asked, so to avoid a meltdown, Magaw took her to the bathroom to get special Tinkerbell fairy dust. She had to brush the hair back and put it in a hair pretty first of course, then sprinkled glitter in Megan's hair and rubbed the glitter into some lotion for her face. I still got what I wanted and Megan spent half the party trying to fly in the backyard thinking her pixie dust would work! Smart grandma, always thinking.

The kids made necklaces at one station.

The girls all had party dresses, gloves, hats, and jewelry.

We had 10 kids at the party--the most I've ever had at a party before! It was fun though, the kids were great.

And I just love the poses!

We had a dance party too. We turned on some tunes and they danced until the music stopped and they had to freeze.
Don't these pictures just scream pure joy?!


At another station, my mom helped the girls hot glue flowers of their choice onto their hats.

After dancing and crafts, we sat down to tea--or chocolate milk and apple juice in teapots.

What would a tea party be without a waiter? Uncle Dusty came in a tux and served the ladies and gents all their food on silver trays. He poured drinks, brought seconds of the Bagel Bites, brownie bites, carrots, and grapes, and made sure each kid had enough food during their meal.

It really was quite priceless! Dusty is always such a good sport and a great uncle.

Blowing out 6 candles!
2 comments:
I love the tux! I bet the kids thought they were so grown up!
So cute! I love that Dusty even dressed up!
Post a Comment