My dad came to my water aerobics class a few weeks ago. I've been teaching for over 2 years now, so it was fun to have him come and see what I do. He jumped in and acted like he'd been doing it for years. About halfway through the class, one of the other guys swam over to him and said, "So, are you her boyfriend?" while pointing to me up on the deck.
My dad laughed and said, "Uh, no. No, I'm her dad!" The guy looked shocked and said, "Well what did you do? Have her when you were 12?! There's no way you could be her dad!" He again laughed and said he was and that he had 3 other children and 5 grandchildren. They both got a good laugh out of it.
For a few years now, people have thought that he and I are together when we go out somewhere. He's quite baby-faced, only 51, and has not a single gray hair on his head. He loves it. I get a little weirded out by it. I don't necessarily want to look like a young gold-digger going for a much older man. I keep reminding him this won't last forever. One day, he'll have to age.
After the middle-aged woman in the front row of my class heard that the newcomer was my dad, she said, "Oh darn. He's good looking, I was hoping he was new!" Okay. Ew.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haha! That's so funny! I remember when I saw you with your dad the first time (I think freshman year) I thought he could be a BYU student!
i'd be weirded out as well:) but good for your dad, he's keeping it real:)
LOL!!! That's funny!
Post a Comment