and she looks pretty funny! Mikayla has been working on this tooth for awhile now and it's been hanging on by a thread for a few days. It was even discolored, but would not give up its place of residence for the past 6 years. But, as I was picking up the toys and mismatched socks in the living room tonight, I heard, "Mom!! Mom! My tooth came out! I'm not joking! It really did! Come here! Quick Mom!!!" It was 9pm and Mikayla knew she'd be in pretty big trouble for being awake so late without a good reason, but I guess a half hour of tooth-twisting rewarded her a few extra minutes til sleepy-time. I took her into the bathroom to clean the blood out of her mouth and she immediately called Dad to tell him the news as he was out playing basketball. Couldn't get a hold of Dad, but c'mon, this is a momentous occasion! She had to call SOMEone! She called Magaw and Papa and excitedly relayed the previous few minutes to them and kept saying, "I am so excited! I get to tell my teacher at school tomorrow and my name will go up on the tooth poster! I am the first one in November! This is just so exciting, I can't believe it!"
If I lost a tooth now, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be prancing around with jubilation wanting to call anyone who would get excited for me. I would cry. Lots of tears. But, things are different when you're 6.
Megan, of course, found the sounds of excitement a good reason to climb out of bed--since she likes to look for ANY reason to get out of bed. She came and out and said, "Mikayla, what the heck is all the noise for?" Mikayla showed her the tooth and then the gaping hole in her mouth and Megan took one look at that monstrous hole and declared, "Oh, Mikayla. This is BAD." Since she was a tooth fairy for Halloween, I asked if she would be the tooth fairy tonight. She looked at me and said very matter-of-factly, "Mom, I don't know how to fly. Remember?"
Ah, silly me. Last night, that tooth is hanging crooked.
Wiggling it around some.
And tonight, a nice big hole!
1 comment:
So great to be able to share in the joyous jubilation of the event. Special times in the lives of a child, that's for sure. Our love to all of you. Sweet Dreams!
Post a Comment