Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Halloweeny!

We got together with some friends on Halloween and had an awfully gross dinner. We had a puking pumpkin, green breadstick witches' fingers,

beating hearts, monster eyeballs,

spider web dip,

and bloody baked rats! It was disgusting. But quite fun! The kids were squeamish about how things looked or the names they were given and pretty much just held out until dessert!


We played the donut on a string game, it never gets old! The little kids went first and it was so funny to watch them spinning around trying to chomp the donut out of the air.

Megan very obediently kept her arms behind her back the ENTIRE time--I was impressed.
Then, the big kids took a crack at it!

I think there isn't much that is more entertaining in life than watching your kid get smacked in the face by a powdered sugar pastry.

Success!

Cute little friends.

Then, the adults took a turn! Who do you think won?
The picture says it all. And we have already agreed to not discuss any cheating that may or may not have occurred.
Yeah, you betcha we raced too! If only I had the capacity to shove an entire donut in my mouth at once like my husband... one can only dream... maybe someday...
Then the guys took each other on!
After all the donut spewing, chewing, and sticking to the roofs of our mouths, I think it'll be a long time till I eat another donut again.
Unless it's a maple bar, but I digress...

2 comments:

Joy said...

May I ask what was in those rats? lol

Trent and Amber said...

haha! it was meatloaf shaped with rats with spaghetti tails and carrot ears and pea eyes. There was also a really good bbq-type sauce on it, they were tasty! I need to get the recipe!