Sunday, May 8, 2011

Big Changes Are a Brewin...

So.... where to start....


I have many mixed emotions.


FIRST, the good news...
Trent got a job! YAY!! He is a full-time RN at Biggs-Gridley Memorial Hospital in Gridley and loves it. He first got hired on per diem and was working a few days a week with the understanding that if he does well and they like him, that after a few months he could be hired on full-time.

Well, it wasn't even 2 days later that they were offering him a full-time position! Yes, that's how awesome my husband is.


Okay, brag time over. He's working full-time, doing well, and loving it.

Soooo.....

here comes the bad news....
We're moving to Gridley. I am having a hard time with this. We've lived here over 7 years now and in 2 different wards in the same stake at church. We have great friends, great schools, and a great gym which provides me with a great job. I go to the gym every day. I either take classes, teach classes, swim with the kids, take Mikayla to swim team practices, or do my own cardio workout in the gym. It is such a big part of my life that I get a huge lump in my throat when I think about leaving.

I have had to place all my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father to know that this is the right decision for our family. We are so happy that Trent has a job and it's selfish of me to have these feelings. I know that as long as our family is together, all will be well. I will make new friends, I will find great schools, I will find a new gym. I know that.


But why am I crying while typing this...


We have placed an offer on a house this week and will see what happens there. All this big, exciting adult stuff is happening all at once and I am trying hard to be happy about it.

Trent works 5 days a week and until the end of June, he goes Monday through Friday and stays the night with my parents and comes home on the weekend. So, I am here with the kids all week long and I'm stressed and tired and wishing that I could enjoy my job as Mom more than I am right now.


So... mixed emotions I tell ya. I just hope and pray that we will grow to love Gridley and the small-town life and will find enough there to keep us happy. The other day we were explaining all the new changes to the girls and we said we'd have to find a new school, and a new church and Mikayla said, "Oh. I hope it's LDS." We assured her that we only meant a new church building and new ward, not a whole new religion! It was cute nonetheless.

But yes, this is the big news for our family.

I keep telling myself that people move all the time and we will be fine.

Sacramento, I will miss you....

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Moving is hard, but you'll adjust and life will be happy again. I promise.

Ruth M said...

Believe me, I know what you are feeling, only with less time at the gym:). Best of luck to you.

Orange Peanut said...

I love you!!!

Nikki said...

Wow! Big news! Congratulations on the job. I'm sure it will be a little hard, but you'll be great. Thinking of you!

Tanja said...

We will miss you too! But how exciting it is to move onward. Good luck to you!