Sunday, June 26, 2011

End of Another School Year

Megan sang Skidamarink-a-dink-a-dink with her preschool class and "I Feel Like A Morning Star" to the parents. The best part, Megan changed the chorus and sang "I Feel Like A Racing Car" each time the chorus came around! She was the only one and she knew she was funny as she laughed through the whole song.


I've started saving the little plastic containers that blueberries, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, etc. come in and using them as gift packaging. It's easy to remove the labels, make a new one, and fill it with goodies.


This one was filled with some See's chocolates for Megan's preschool teacher. It was a nice addition to a simple card with gift cards inside.

Teacher Noel said a few words about our sweet Megan and how much she enjoyed having her in school this year.


Megan with Teacher Noel. We've had the pleasure of having Teacher Noel for 2 years of Mikayla's preschool and 1 of Megan's and she will be greatly missed next year!

The next day, the girls came with me to Mikayla's end of the year party at school.

Mrs. Valdez gave Mikayla her certificate of completion of 1st grade(or diploma, as Mikayla calls it), said some very nice words about her, and told us how much she would be missed next year. All tear-inducing comments for a somewhat weepy Mommy.

I don't have the words to describe the abundant love Mrs. Valdez has for each child who passes through her doors and how grateful we were to have her for a teacher this year. She is a fabulous teacher and individual.

We were so happy to find out that Mikayla and Erik were in the same class this year! These best buddies enjoyed playing on the playground and talking during class together. lol So glad they've been great friends for the past 6 years and didn't get "cooties" or "I hate boys/girls" syndrome as Kelsey and I were afraid they might in 1st grade.

Total goofballs!

As room moms, Kelsey and I put together the class gift for the teacher. We collected donations and made a homemade calendar for the next school year with pictures of the all the kids for her to remember. We also gave her a gift card bouquet with notes from the children and gift cards to places like Panda Express, Michael's, movies, Starbucks, Subway, etc. on it for her to enjoy this summer.


With it being the last day of school, they celebrated Mikayla's summer birthday. The whole class sang a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" and she felt pretty special to celebrate that almost 7 birthday.

Can't believe Mikayla's on to Second Grade and Megan's ready for another year of preschool. We had such fabulous teachers this year, it really made for a great year of learning for both the girls. We sure hope our move gives us great schools, great teachers, and great new friends too.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

What a cute idea to use the blueberry containers for teacher treats! I might have to steal that one!

Ali said...

Love Mikayla's skirt!