Tuesday, June 14, 2011

what's a marmagoose?

We were looking at the many rain forest animal projects that Mikayla brought home from school and trying to name them all. Megan says, "I think that one's a cheetah." Dad says, "No, it's a marmagoose." "A what?! There's no such thing!" I said, full well knowing that Dad likes to make stuff up. "I'm serious, there's such a thing as a marmagoose," Dad contends. He whips out the Blackberry and googles it...

sure enough...

he's right.

Marmagoose: a term summer day camp leaders use to warn other employees of potential child predators lurking in parks and around the children.
Second definition: a caucasian male aged 30 to 50 with a majestic beard and sporting thick black shades. They often drive commercial vans. Some of these vans have been known to contain the words "ice" and "cream" on the side.



Awesome. Thank you so much for introducing the children to that new word honey.

2 comments:

Keltie said...

I don't think that is what he thought it meant. You didn't read the definition to the girls did you?

Trent and Amber said...

no of course not! and no, he thought it was an actual animal. :)