We had tons of fun in Santa Cruz, even if our trip was shortened by a non-sleeping 19 month old!

Megan and Brock fondly named this the "Love Helicopter." It was aptly named with a spin, a song, and a smooch at the end! Too funny!

The girls loved bike riding all over the campground.

I had to capture the moment...Kendra actually ran around long enough that she got tired and sat still for about 20 seconds! Pretzels in hand, she decided the tent was a good place for a pit stop. Man, is she busy!

Best buds chillin in a hammock

Freezing on the windy, cold beach with dad.

The next day we had warmer weather and the girls did a whole lotta this! I could sit and take pictures of them laughing and chasing the small swells all day. Love. It.

Megan got brave enough to get buried in the sand this year. I think they did it to keep warm more than anything!


Surfin' USA!


ah, the chubby little legs. Love 'em now, you'll hate 'em when you're older my dear.


Kendra loved watching everyone build sandcastles

and took every chance she could get to knock them down!

the aftermath...

the cool sand is nice and all, but...

who wants to run on the shore when you can run head-first into the waves??

one of the hardest parts about being on the beach was watching the pint-sized daredevil. She runs straight into the water and often gets knocked flat on her tummy by the waves.

And this is what happens afterward! Sand up the nose, in the eyes and eyebrows, in the mouth, and other places unmentionable here. Awesome. No matter how cold the water was, or how much saltwater she gulped, nothing stopped her! She wanted more and kept running in and getting knocked over. Oh my heart. It was hard to watch her and talk to anyone else or watch the other girls.

One of the highlights of our trip was visiting with Julie and Brandon, Trent's cousins from Canada that live in Cali now. Our kids are similar ages and they have a 4 month old baby girl too. It was fun letting the kids play together on the beach while we all caught up with each other and the last 3 years of our lives since we've seen each other.

So much fun!
We had a great trip and if Kendra wasn't so busy and into the dirt, the sand, the food, the firepit, the neighbor's campsite, etc. etc. etc. we would've stayed longer. She DOES NOT sleep well outdoors and after hours of trying to quiet her, I took her for an hour long walk at 5:30am to let the others sleep more. We followed a large raccoon all through the campground and watched him hunt and forage for wares left out by unsuspecting campers. That was fun and all, but I didn't need more nights of that, so we packed up and spent Memorial Day back home as a family. Swimming, out to dinner, loads and loads of laundry. Fun weekend spent together.
2 comments:
Aww! It looks like so much fun! I love the running in the waves shots. Not encouraging for our yearly camping trip to Mammoth, however! We have a busy 14 month old!
You can send Kendra up here when you need a break. I love that little girl she is so cute, but you are right she has so much energy, don't you wish you could bottle it somehow? I wish we lived closer and I could watch the girls for you. I miss my cute little nieces. I forgot to order Megan's b-day present her birthday and yours kind of slipped by me, so happy belated b-day, and her present will be there in the next couple of weeks.
Post a Comment