Friday, June 3, 2011

While we were in Chico, the girls and I also got to visit Magaw's kindergarten class. Mikayla and Megan went early in the morning and stayed for all-day kindergarten, while Kendra and I showed up at recess time and stayed until lunch. You can see Mikayla reading on a special chair, Megan's singing songs in the front row, and Kendra on Magaw's lap "helping" her with the songs and visual aids. It was fun for the girls to be in her class for a day and bring their lunchboxes and watch Magaw teach. Mikayla, being a big 1st grader, even got to run a literacy station in the morning helping the kids with letter sounds. She felt pretty important, but said, "Wow. Those kids are kinda crazy, I mean, they act like preschoolers!" Pretty funny!
Who wouldn't have fun learning with walls that look like this?! All the fun, colorful, kid-created artwork is beautiful and makes me want to go back to kindergarten. Congratulations on another great year Magaw and here's to next year, in another new school!

No comments: