They also brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers with some really cool flower that turns the water pink. The bouquet stayed nice for 2 1/2 weeks and the water stayed a vibrant pink the whole time.
Our first meal in our new home(supplied by Grandma and Grandpa), tri-tip, Parisian salad, garlic bread, and corn on the cob. De-lish!
Kendra is totally into babies and carries them around everywhere, sleeps with them, and likes to sit them on the counter to watch her eat her food.
The kitchen before we unpacked everything. Overwhelming much? I actually looked at it, realized every room in the house looked the same, and wanted to cry. Slowly but surely, it all got unpacked though!
Somewhere in the craze, Mikayla had a birthday! She turned 7 years old and got several new outfits, 2 new dolls, a backpack/lunchbox, and tons of doll clothes. She loved it and I love how well she and Megan have been playing with all the dolls and sharing the clothes.
I REALLY love that we live in a safe area and our housing development is full of courts, so I can let the girls go on walks together and don't have to worry. Okay, maybe I worry a little and maybe I often sneak out of the house and peek around the corner to make sure they're doing alright on their walks and bike rides together. But don't tell them. I like them to think they have a little independence with boundaries.
I love that Mikayla has one baby in a front pack strapped to her chest while pushing another in a stroller!
We found a city pool that we love! Huge pool and separate free kiddy pool with plenty of noodles, kickboards, and 2 big water slides.
There are so few rules that Mikayla enjoyed diving down the slide head first or sliding down together with Megan. Such fun! AND, it's only a dollar per person to use the big pool, so Kendra and I go in the 2 ft pool, which is huge, and the big girls go in the big pool and join us off and on. During lifeguard break they give the kids free popsicles and do a free raffle for school supplies. We won a pack of markers last week. So, $2 for us all to get in for the afternoon is absofrickinlutely amazing!
Another pool we found is in Yuba City, about 20 minutes away. It has 2 of these awesome rock climbing walls that you climb and then just fall/jump into the water. I made it 3 pegs from the top--next year I'm conquering that thing!
There's also a fun kiddy splash area with a couple small slides.
The girls loved going together!
And this one just makes me laugh. A huge pool, a smaller kiddy pool, and all 3 girls are fighting over who gets to swim in the ice chest! Seriously?!
2 comments:
The color of the kitchen/dining room looks great!!
Thanks! I actually REALLY like it. It was hard to pick a shade I liked, but once I got it on the wall, I loved it!
Post a Comment