Alll our belongings out on the lawn ready to be loaded.
We had acquired so much stuff in this house(playground equipment, 2 big kid bed sets, extra couch set, extra child, etc.) that it didn't all fit in one 26 ft. U-Haul! Aaauuughh! So, we had 17 guys from church helping us load up the truck when we realized--crap, we've gotta get another truck! So Trent and I drove down and picked up another 26 footer and guess who got to drive that one to Gridley!
Yeah, little ol' terrified me. It was not fun to say the least. It was hard to drive away from our home of 3 years where we built an addition of a bedroom/bathroom, where Kendra was born, where we lived right next door to Josh and Chloe for a year and a half, where we have so many great memories... I'll miss it.
Later on that afternoon, we parked the trucks out front and many people from the new ward came to help us unload the trucks. Would you believe, both trucks were fully unloaded and ready to return to Sacramento in one hour flat! Our furniture took quite a beating on this move and I'd be remiss if I didn't say I was more than slightly miffed about that. i really don't like the 'distressed' look on furniture. But, you get the help that you pay for and since we paid in donuts and milk on one end and ice cream bars on the other, well, that's the help we got! We really appreciate all those who came to help us load up the trucks and unload into the new home. Such a great help and all those helping hands were so very needed! On to the next chapter of life...
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They have stain pens at home improvement stores that make it super easy to do touch ups on your wood furniture. The last two times we moved we ended up with at least one broken drawer, so I feel your pain.
Post a Comment