Valentine's morning was super hectic!
I made the girls breakfast, made their school lunches, tried to put hearts into their hair, dressed them in shirts I had made and had put cute Valentines and a little toy into their mailboxes all in an effort to be THAT mom.
Well, we were running short on time, I hurried them out the door, into the car and away we drove to school. To my horror I discovered I was wearing my slippers, sweats, an old shirt and no bra. Awesome. I had to drop all 3 off at school and walk Kendra into preschool like that. In an instant I had gone from being THAT mom to being THAT mom. You know the kind, the braless, unshowered, no-makeup mom that belongs at home, not out around town.
Oh well, at least my kids looked cute!
One of my favorite family traditions! We put valentines into each other's mailboxes each day until Valentine's Day. I often add little necklaces, candy, small toys, or puzzles etc. Then we tape our notes up on the wall and admire our "wall of love." So much fun and the girls have a lot of fun making sweet notes for each other.
No worries, I had some strange feeling I might need a 6th mailbox one day, so I have an extra one for next year and we'll write the new little one's name on it so she can join us on the mantel.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment