Saturday, December 5, 2009

Altered Board Book

I made a counting book for Megan for Christmas. I cut the binding off a board book from the thrift store and took the pages apart. I mod podged each page and added decorative paper and numbers and then mod podged the top of each page to seal it.
Each page has a number, the number in word form, a corresponding number of objects, and the same number of ribbons to touch.
This is one of my favorite pages. I used up some scraps and the Cricut made it easy to make all the shapes/objects.
I'm really happy with the finished product, but it took way more time than I was expecting. After it was all assembled, I had Trent drill a hole through all the pages and I added book rings on the side. Should be a nice addition to our bag of things to do at church or just to read at home.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You are so crafty! The book looks great!

Orange Peanut said...

Holy Cow! That looks awesome! Nicely done my friend!