Friday, March 23, 2012

Our St. Patrick's Day Fun!


Family all dressed in green!

Our little favors for our friends that came over to party.  Each kid got a bag of Lucky Charms that said, "We are so lucky to have you for a friend!" 
I made these shirts and was pretty darn proud of myself for coming up with this idea I must say.  I traced a shamrock onto muslin with a disappearing ink pen that all came out in the wash.  I pinned it on the shirt where I wanted and simply sewed along the line I had drawn.  I cut around the shamrock leaving about a 1/4"-1/2" of fabric on either side of the line I sewed and then threw the shirt in the wash.

When it came out, it had exactly the frayed look I was going for, I loved it!

The shirt was only $3 from Wal-Mart and all the fabric for the 3 shirts was like 50 cents, so these turned out cute and cheap!  And I was just happy to come up with an idea on my own.


My model just wanted to jump around, then she ran to the kitchen and did this...
She told me she was a dinosaur monkey as she was swinging from the counter.  If you were wondering, a dinosaur monkey makes a noise kind of like, "Rawwrrr--ooh--ooh-aah-ahh!"  Pretty darn funny.
We invited friends over for a totally green dinner.  We had pesto pasta, green salad, green fluff jell-o salad, kiwis, and I died the butter green before brushing it on the bread and baking it.  In the glasses, we had Sprite and a scoop of lime sherbet making the green concoction a very tasty treat.  The kids loved it! 
After dinner came the entertainment!  I sooo wish we'd have gotten this on video!!  The kids practiced their Irish dancing moves and then performed for the parents.  I turned on some Riverdance type music and the big kids did their Irish jig first while the younger kids clapped for them in the back row.  It was soo cute!  Mikayla and Bryant stole the show with their partner dance, it looked quite rehearsed and they really hammed it up for us.

The younger girls went next and their wasn't much jigging, but a whole lot of booty shaking and jumping up and down.  Definitley a fun tradition to do each year!

After playing some Hot Potato and Top 'O The Mornin' To You, we calmed things down with coloring pages.  It was amazingly nice and quiet and calm and... why didn't I pull out the coloring pages sooner?!?!  haha  Bought us some time to clean up dinner and get dessert ready though!

We of course had rainbow cake for dessert-a family tradition for St. Patrick's Day.  The girls love watching me make it and mixing all the pretty colors to dye the batter.  It always looks so cool after it's cut too.  We had a very fun night with our friends, the Lesihmans and the Waltons and look forward to more fun next year!

3 comments:

kalinda said...

what a fun party, I have never done a st. patty's party I must do once next year as it looks like a blast. love the family photo too super cute!

Christine said...

Very fun! The shirts turned out really cute, too! What a good idea!

Terry and Kalli said...

super cute shirts and fun food! The girls are looking so big and we haven't been gone that long!